Sunday, June 04, 2006

HARVESTING VEGGIES

This is my first bell pepper of the season. I bought the pepper plant at Wal-Mart. It is the "Big Bertha" variety. I wish it had grown a bit wider. When I cut into it the walls were very thin. I've been told in the past by my grandma that I have a brown thumb.

Since we have moved out to the country, I have been trying my hand at gardening. It has also given me the opportunity to expirement more since we have more land and sun exposure out here. I have started trying the "Square Foot Garden(ing)" method. My husband built me a small raised bed and I have been hewning my gardening skills. I hope that my thumb will become greener!

Last year my son's elementary school handed out "oversized cabbage" plants to all the 3rd graders. They told them that whoever could grow the biggest cabbage would win $1,000. Along with some occasional Miracle Grow applications, my son managed to grow the second place winner!
Great job Stephen!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nolelaw said...

You have a wonderful blog. I noticed you haven't posted for several days. Do you plan on doing in future posting? Just a question.

Nolelaw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JLR said...

Man, that is a huge cabbage!