Friday, June 02, 2006

SNAKES ALIVE!!!!


Our family ate at Sonny's Real Pit Barbeque tonight. When we got home there was a snake slithering across the backyard. We couldn't figure out what kind of snake it was so we looked it up online. We found a website on snakes that indicated we had found a "Mud Snake." We found out the Mud Snake was not poisonous, did not bite and is a rather uncommon snake. My husband told our oldest son, Stephen, that if he were the first person to pick up the snake he would be a stud. After petting the snake a few times he got up the courage and picked it up.

Our youngest son, Jacob, was not quite as enthusiastic about holding the snake. It wasn't until we were about to let it go that Jacob mustered the courage to hold it. That was short lived, however, for when the snake began to slither up Jacob's shirt he quickly threw it to the ground.

This was the friendliest snake I have ever seen. It didn't seem to want to leave so we had to pick it up and move it away from the house and under the fig tree. I bet it will like it there. The only problem is now I am afraid to walk around outside in the dark. I guess I will have to drag my feet around so I don't step on him. Yikes! Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... two brave boys, that's for sure!... snakes give most people the heebie jeebies....

Eric